All students intending to advance into the upper division or final two years of the program must submit a portfolio of their work to determine preparedness for studio coursework
Why is there a portfolio review process?
- Assess work and progress to ensure preparedness for upper division studio coursework
- Ensure top quality and motivation in OPDD program
- Optimize faculty and facility capacities
- Build presentation and professional development skills for internships, interviews, job applications, and ultimately a career in the competitive sports and outdoor industry.
When is the review?
Contact your Academic Advisor to create a long-term plan, HERE.
- Spring of second year in OPDD
- Students must meet with their Academic Advisor to create a long term plan and ensure that they have all prerequist classes completed or in progress prior to submitting a portfolio in the Spring. All long term plans must be created with the Academic Advisory prior to the Friday of dead week during the Fall Semester.
- Review Packet due the last day of February during their Sophomore year.
- Results provided prior to fall registration
- Everyone must submit portfolio during the second year of OPDD curriculum (not based solely on overall credits) in order to advance within the program.
- Those in their first year should are encourage to meet with an Academic Advisor and begin creating a long term plan to ensure all they are on track.
Review Packet must include: